The Hiatus


It’s been a long time since I’ve blogged.

I would say I was basking in the ambiance of newlywed bliss, but in actuality I was just super busy, super tired, and super lazy.  tiredmomEvery day I would get ready to blog and every day something else would come up.  It seemed like every time my laptop came out, my kids were in my face.  Taylor wanted to press all the buttons and Carter wanted something that I had to decipher.  Usually it was just my attention that they wanted.  In between the summer program I worked for school, the kids, and the errands, and the mom stuff, I tried to squeeze in the writing.  It just didn’t happen.  And the rest of my summer quickly passed.

At night when I finally got everyone down and I had time to myself, I would open my laptop and quickly fall asleep.  My brain was too tired.  And even now-school has started again, the kids are being shuffled to and from different places, I’m trying to get back to the gym and lesson planning and there’s the grocery shopping and cooking and laundry and I’m even more exhausted.  Quang tells me to be a stay at home mom.  He said he dreads when I go back to work.  He helps with the kids and around the house a lot more when I go back to work-giving baths and doing laundry and picking the kids up and whatever else he can do to take the stress off of me, because I tend to try to do everything.  I’m a control freak.  It’s in my nature.  But then I become overworked and extremely stressed.  Which in turn develops into a bad case of crankiness, which no one likes.  No one wants a cranky mommy.  I know life would probably be more ideal for everyone if I stayed home, but I just don’t know if I could do that.

sundayhappySo, here I am on a Sunday evening, squeezing in some writing.  Just trying to get back into the routine of it all.  I’ve got some Bo Kho (Vietnamese beef stew) on the stove, Vanessa is here at the table doing some online shopping (I don’t know where she’s getting money for that), and Taylor and Carter are actually staying tame.  It was a little too quiet a minute ago, so I had to check in on them.  Taylor had all of her wipes out of the box and she was cleaning her baby doll, so that’s just the usual shenanigans expected in this house.

Surprisingly I’m not as tired as I usually am.  We had a nice, long, productive, relaxing and
fun weekend.  I cooked, I cleaned, I did laundry, hung out with kids, we did some work, and today we took a trip to City Park.  So, even with as busy as I was, I’m actually nicely rested.  (Taylor did sleep through the night, finally).  But, thinking about facing the new work week and the chaos that comes with it gets me exhausted.  So,  I’m sure I’ll be ready for bed by 8 o’clock.  That’s just the life of an old married woman.  I’m trying to keep a positive mind and take it one day at a time. smallsteps

Since my last blog post was leading up to the wedding and I haven’t been back since, I’ll write a blog soon about the wedding we thought would never happen! I’m sure everyone wants to hear all about it. I’ll tell you – it was definitely quite an experience for everyone.  And I’m glad it’s over and done with!

newlywedsStay tuned!






Thank you, Ryan.  Thank you. It really isn’t that great.